Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Joy of Reading!


Every now and then you find a book that is worth the time you put into it to read. At least for me that is, I am a very slow reader and I don't read a lot of pages at one time. So when I find a good book to read I like to tell everyone about it. I use my oldest Step-Daughter Amanda and Virginia and Lady at work as my resource on good books. They have never let me down yet, so keep up the good work.

There are times I am going to blog about books that I liked, and would recommend to other people. Maybe blogging about my reads will keep me from going into great detail with Glenn about the books I am reading. I am sure at times my conversation can get boring.


The book I am currently reading is:


One Thousand White Women


The journals of May Dodd


by: Jim Fergus

The category is historical fiction, the author took a true life event from the 1800's which supposedly ended quickly, but the author put a real twist on the story and made the event happen instead.
The event; The current Chief of the Northern Cheyenne Tribe traveled to Washington to ask the President Ulysses S. Grant to trade One Thousand Horses (500 broke and 500 wild) for One Thousand White Women. The Women were to marry the eligible Indians, and that is where I will leave you. I am just getting started I will let you know, more at a later date or if you have the time go ahead and by the book at your LOCAL bookstore and read it for yourself :)

3 comments:

erinlfelder said...

This is a great read. I enjoyed it very much.
Enjoy. Post a review when you are done!
e

Amanda said...

Except for The Other Boelyn Girl... *tear*. Just kidding. :) That book looks really good, I was wondering about it yesterday. Next you'll have to try the Outlander books, I am so hooked on that series right now!
http://www.amazon.com/Outlander-Diana-Gabaldon/dp/0440212561

Betty said...

I have heard wonderful things about the Outlander books. I want to watch the movie "The Other Boelyn Girl" so I can finish it, even though I know movie are no where close to being as good as the book. B