Monday, March 2, 2009

Small Batch Microwave Jam

It is a rainy day here on the high desert, I am so ready for summer. I started the day with watching TV, not interested so I put my laptop on the kitchen counter and while I watch MAMMA MIA! I made Jam!

This recipe I found is the best, it makes small batches and it is so easy. Here is the website in case you are inspired to make your own. Trust me it is 100 times better then the store bought Jam, an you get the satisfaction of saying "Oh, I made it,would you like some more?"


Sterilizing is one of the most important parts of the jam making process, I re-read this section each time I make jam just so I make sure and get it right.
I buy the frozen berries at Costco, they seem to work when it isn't berry season. It took me a little less time then the movie, so you don't have to spend all day just making jam. My cooking hat off to Jane Lake who put this together to share with all us wanna be cooks:)

Remember at the beginning I told you it was raining, well I was not kidding it is really coming down. Our sun room has a metal roof so it is really loud, and when you don't get a lot of rain the noise can intimidate you a little bit. Maybe I could look at it like, it is natures way of cleaning up after a long winter. Now is a comment like "the glass is 1/2 full" or what!

No comments: