Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Things don't always turn out the way you want!

Well today was day 3 of my kitchen project, I had a little break down and decided I wasn't going to go through with this project. I got to the cupboards below the sink and I guess wood has "pores" and soaks up stain differently so on and so on...There were spots where the stain would not adhere to the wood at all no matter how much I put on the stain or how much I sanded it.

When Glenn called to see how I was doing I told him "I Quite and I wasn't going to be able to pull this off". Now we all know I wasn't really going to quite I just needed to vent and be a little mad. I am not even 1/4 of the way through so who knows how many times this type of behavior is going to happen. I was coached through the next few hours by my Husband, he is really good at that. You know it really isn't going to be as bad as I thought and it looks much better then the cupboards I haven't touched so on ward I go next week day 4 here I come!

1 comment:

Teresa Marie @ Coonie and Bees said...

Hang in there, it'll be fabulous when you are finished...can't wait to see pictures!