Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Time at the Ashfords 2010/ book review

Summer time blogging is going to be short and sweet, it seems like I am busier then ever just like everyone else this time of year.

Back from vacation and I was pleasantly surprise to be welcomed back with produce from my  garden :)

While I was on vacation I had the wonderful opportunity to read. The book I finished was 'Loving Frank' by Nancy Horan. This book was the story of Mamah Brothwick Cheney who was the "lover" of Frank Lloyd Wright. I always knew that this very talented and way before his time Man was eccentric but oh my gosh he was one different fellow. Mamah was one driven Lady, she knows what she wants and most the time had to take the high road to get there. This story was one of the best love stories, I would suggest this book to anyone and everyone. The Seattle Post summed up this book the best by saying "A beautifully orchestrated rendering of the affair and inner lives of its two love-torn principals.  Understated yet dramatic, painstaking and convincing, this is fiction with the heft of truth".

2 comments:

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Hi Betty! Great pictures (especially love the one of you reading while camping :)! What a little treasure...finding the radishes waiting for you in the garden when you arrived home!
Warmly,
Tracey
x0x

Betty said...

Thanks Tracey, I just love yo read while I am camping.