Monday, October 25, 2010

For the love of "Mom"!

Aging parents. Now there is a very powerful sentence! It is hard to come to grips with all the emotions you go through as you watch your parents age..... I often have thoughts of how I really miss the mom of 10 years ago. So then my next thoughts are of her excellent health she has carried into her golden years and this makes me realize how fortunate mom is to have her health be so good. Short term memory has been the one thing that has robbed her in her aging process. Bless her heart she takes each day in great strides and has a wonderful attitude about her memory. I don't live close to my mother so to curb my loneliness for her, I call her Friday's on my way to work. I stay consistent with this just so she will see a repeat pattern and know the day I call is Friday:)

I have found if I call her with a question or two about something she knows a lot about helps make our conversation productive. It always amazes me how mom will know just the right answer and all the knowledge she stores in her 81 year old mind. So I have decided to pass along her answers to the questions I ask that might be interesting to my "blog readers".  Watch for the Blog Title of; Mom Knows Best. I guarantee you will learn something new each time you read it. I know I do!

Elma Marie and Betty Jo

No comments: