Friday, January 11, 2013

Hot Spice Tea!

Yesterday morning sure was gloomy, then by noon it was snowing what looked like powder sugar dropping in our drive way. For about an hour or so the snow fell and then by chance out came the sun for the rest of the day. Now don't get me wrong it still was very cold out like the 20's but the sky was as blue as ever for the rest of the afternoon. During the "snow falling" I decided I needed to make something to get me through this winter day, so I got into my cookbooks and found this recipe. I think I made the right choice, I would say looking outside with Kendall as she jabbered at the snow and I sipped on my Tea was the perfect blend to a funny winter day in Central Oregon.


HOT SPICE TEA

In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water and a 1/12 inch piece fresh ginger (unpeeled), halved lengthwise, to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 8 minutes or so.

Add 4 tea bags ( I used black tea), 1 cinnamon stick, 8 whole cloves, 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns. and 2 cups low-fat milk (2 percent).

Steep over med-low heat until fragrant, about 6 minutes.

Strain through a sieve; discard solids.

Stir in 1/4 cup honey. Serve hot, I put remaining into a glass jar and kept in the fridge until today when I warmed up the remaining tea and enjoyed 2 more cups.

Hot Spice Tea originally found in Everydayfoods.com 

Let me know what you think. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Here's to a sweet cup of afternoon tea,

Betty Jo

No comments: