Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fresh Mint Tea

If you are one of those people who plant mint because you just like the thought of having mint available to you or in your yard and realize it can act like a weed and take over the entire bed. Here is a great Tea recipe I came across in the HOBBY FARM AND HOME Magazine (march/april 2013 issue). 

Fresh Mint Tea

INGREDIENTS
2 packed cups mint, washed well
4 whole cloves
2 tsp. honey
4 cups boiling water

PREPARATION
Place leaves in a suitably sized teapot or other container with a cover. Add cloves and honey. Pour boiling water over all, and let steep for about 20 minutes, then strain and serve. Can also be chilled for later use. 

Serves 4
ENJOY...I know I will!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I put all the mint you gave me in a pitcher and filled it with water. I guess it's iced herbal tea of some sort? We've been keeping it in the fridge and just refilling it with water when we take some & leaving the mint in. Dustin's obsessed. He'll probably be asking you for more mint really soon...

Betty said...

I will go cut some for him right now to give you when you come over.