Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Betty's Book Review



I am very sad to say I have finished the book, One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus. 1st of all I find it very amazing how a male author can understand how to write a novel from a woman perspective.
He had it down that is for sure, now if you were to ask me if I thought the story was true? I would still have to say, "it could be" even though in the front of the book under *Author's Note* he says " this book is entirely a work of fiction", OK if you say so.


I will miss being with May Dodd, Gertie and all the other women, white or Cheyenne, who took this journey from Chicago to the Nebraska Territory.


This book is a easy read, I recommend you read this book, you will become a part of their daily life's. Every day was about survival and learning how to co-exist.
Here are some photos I found on Google, about the area:



Buffalo was a huge part of their lives, they relied on them being around for everything from the food they ate to blankets to keep warm during the long winter months.





1 comment:

Betty said...

Ok Glenn since you are my biggest fan of this "blog" I changed the layout just for you. Remember sometimes change is good. I was just trying something different:)Love ya, Betty Jo