Friday, January 14, 2011

Bringing on the new year 2011 right! / Hot Springs

Happy New Year to all my Blog readers!

I thought I wanted to do something different this year with my blog, but after some thought I have decided to leave my entries as they are. So this year you are going to get my personal thoughts and some crazy ideas I might have or take a trip to somewhere I just experienced, and last but not least my fun projects.

With that all said, I had the most wonderful New Years, Glenn and I went to Crystal Crane Hot Springs in where else but Crane, Oregon. (website attached at the end of the post)

The snow that had fallen the week prior was incredible, and the chill in the air at night when the temp. dropped down to  -15 wasn't even noticed. Our cabin was well heated and the hot spring pond was a hot 101 - 102 degrees. Our hair would ice up, that was sort of weird and if you got your face wet it burnt from the cold but other then that it was wonderful. 

Glenn enjoys and loves to experience all kinds of hot springs from rustic to resort, we have traveled to the ends of the earth to see hot springs that are so deep, hot and amazing but you can't soak. Why you might ask well it would "cook" you inside and out. I on the other hand always go with him, (of course) but I partake in the more updated  civilized locations ;) wink wink...if you know what I mean.

After enjoying myself so much this last time, I suggested to Glenn that we spend a week at Crystal Crane this year as one of our vacations. I think that would be the most relaxing, rejuvenating vacation ever.

I have to admire my husband he is pretty smart when it comes to making sure I have all the luxuries I might need while I follow him on these types of trips. We all get a chuckle out of my fashion wardrobe for camping or visiting remote areas. He is very good at making sure I am outfitted to my liking and for the elements of the outdoors. You might not understand but you will see by the photos in the past and future that I post on my blog.

Great trip Glenn "you want to do it again"?? Yes of course you do!

We were so excited to be there, fun photo it is one of my favorites.

The cooling tower, can you tell what is iced over?

Wow, 102 degrees in the water and maybe zero out of the water amazing!

Snow on the rocks right by were we swim.

Heading back to the cabin, have you ever walked on top of snow bare foot, I have...

I have the footprint to show it.

Glenn making our morning coffee. I am glad you brought enough creamer:).

Crazy pretty out in the desert of eastern Oregon.

My new cape, I will have to talk about it later. 

 Glenn checking out the hill side about 2 miles away.

Back home to the real world. I so can't wait to visit again!



Now don't go telling everyone about this place, it will be our little secret!

Great to blog, Betty Jo

No comments: