Friday, February 25, 2011

Roasted Shrimp with Spaghetti Squash

Roasted Shrimp with Spaghetti Squash
About 2 weeks ago Amanda gave Glenn a spaghetti squash, I am assuming she did not know quite what to do with it well neither did I:). I had heard how good this type of squash tasted but never really cared or explored to find out. I now have a new found desire, yes that would be spaghetti squash!

The texture is amazingly just like noodle spaghetti, hence the name I guess. The taste is nutty and something else I can't really explain. I bet most of you have tasted or cooked with it before so this is nothing new to you. Amanda it is so easy to cook and the following recipe is wonderful.

This is something so easy to make but is very intimidating to try. All you do is slice in open length wise, sprinkle with Himalayan salt and cracked pepper, lay the two pieces face down on a cookie sheet add 1/4 cup water cook for 40 minutes at 350. Cool, take out the seeds then scrape with a fork and "Wa Laaaaa" you have spaghetti. Truly amazing.

So my next step is to find the growing season for spaghetti squash, if it is under 60 days I just might be adding this to my garden. Try the attached recipe it is a keeper.

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/roasted-shrimp-with-spaghetti-squash

What a great day to cook and thanks for reading my blog,
Betty

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Interesting, thank you! I got another spaghetti squash last week, gosh darn it! At least I can try this recipe. :) Or pass the squash along to you..

Betty said...

You really should try it but if you decide not to I would be more then happy to take it off your hands.