Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Snowy Day Off

It's funny the things you find to do when you have 2 days off in a row and you wake up to 6 + inches of snow that you didn't even know was suppose to happen.

 I have had this funny desire to sew and quilt before spring/summer arrives. The attempts I have tried in quilting in the past month, which I might add is my 1st time at this art, have been OK, I guess.

 I saw this pattern in a Martha Stewart magazine for quilted coasters, and that is what I did today while the fire was going in the wood stove and the snow was stacking up outside. Let me show you;

Start of my day, watching Glenn leave for work. Drive safely!


This is in my backyard, look at the snow build up on the rails of our trellis. If you look real close you can see how much snow is coming down.
Here is the fabric scrapes I had to work with, as you can probably tell already, the coaster are really for my Husband Glenn to use when he is drinking beer or whatever.
Close up shot of the finished product, cute isn't it.

Take a look at my set of 4. I need to work on my measurements, each one is a different size:(
They were all suppose to be 4" x 4". I guess just like anything else practice makes perfect. But one thing is for sure Glenn will like them and he will use them because he knows that will make me happy.

Here is the link for the pattern I used, just in case you might want to give it a try.
                                      http://www.marthastewart.com/article/quilted-coaster-set

Have a great snowy day, and thanks for reading my blog,
                                                                                          Betty

3 comments:

Betty said...

Those coasters are great! Can't wait to try them out:)

Betty said...

oops, actually glenn left the comment but didn't sign out of betty's account...

Amanda said...

Those are nice! I really like the way you quilted them. Makes me want to quilt. Hmmm..