Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Snow Child By EOWYN IVEY - One of a kind story!


It's interesting how my oldest step daughter knows me, Amanda brought over this book, left it on my table and said something like, this is a good book I think you will like it..Boy was she ever right, this book takes you to the very place that is described chapter by chapter. When I was reading this book in bed I would have to put on socks  because my feet would get so cold from feeling the winter chill as it was describe in such great detail. 
The story takes place in Alaska in a cabin in the woods in a very remote village/town. I almost feel like I know this area and have been there a lot! I find it very strange and exciting to be able to say that just from reading a book for pleasure.  


For about a week after I had finished the book I would think about the little girl in the wool blue coat with red mittens and a fur hat, with her friend The Little Fox beside her. I missed them!

I would recommend anyone who reads to read this book, truly it is one of a kind. Amanda thank you so much for knowing I would like this book. It was a real pleasure to consume myself in. 


Happy Reading, Betty Jo 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hehe I knew you'd like it! I loved it. :)