Thursday, March 21, 2013

Today's Thoughts: Learning something new and relearning something all over again!

Kendall Jay one year later...


Relearning something new!
I have had the pleasure of watching Kendall during the week while her mom and dad work for the past year now.  During my job search Kendall has helped me understand (over and over again), you need to be patient and just take things in life one step at a time. It has been a real treat to watch her grow into a toddler from just a new born baby, she really is good to me when it comes to understanding that I am just her grandmother so let's figure this out together:)...

Learning something new!
I have also taken on a few projects to get me through the winter time, mostly in the sewing area. I have been working on these pot holders, which we need desperately. The ones we use now have really been through a lot and really need to be replace. Here is why I am talking to you about these pot holders...As silly as it sounds so far, all 3 of them have been sitting on my desk waiting for me to complete the next step...BINDING! Which is also the final step. I have never "bind" anything before and for some reason it really intimidates me to do it.

I am going to try and follow this seamstress tutorial; http://www.flickr.com/photos/8244232@N08/7113404587/in/set-72157602048418660/.

She has set up 22 photo's with the steps you need to take to bind something correctly. If there is anyone out there who has a better website or advice on this topic by all means TELL ME.. So until I get the courage to complete these very cute potholders here is a picture of them just sitting on my desk waiting for me.







Cute aren't they, the embroidery on them was fun and simple, now the challenge "binding"..Ouch that hurts....wish me luck!

No comments: