Thursday, May 13, 2010

I just know that summer is coming!

This time of the year is hard on me, like when I walk around my yard I see and take mental notes of what needs to be done before July 4th. That is the cut off date I have set for the yard to be "summer ready". I have found that if I take notes on what I see needs to be done then I can check them off when I am done with that task and that makes it a little bit easier, I guess:)

My cupboards are 3/4 of the way through, my goal was to be done by May 1st, but I didn't take into consideration some of my days off being occupied with other issues. So I have reset my new date to be June 1st and I am on target to make it, I just know I will. You see when I get the kitchen done then I can concentrate on the outside yard work the house projects will have to wait until this fall.

Also with summer coming means it is camping time, so when I get a weekend off we are "gone camping", it something that is very healthy for the mind, body and marriage I believe this whole heartily. I can't wait for the summer to come and spend some well deserved time with us.

Here is some photos of Glenn's spring camping trip I won't get to see this area but isn't it just breath taking. It is hard to believe that something so beautiful can be found out in the desert surrounded by nothing but sage brush and and few juniper trees. Take a look and enjoy!

2 comments:

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Oh Betty, such lovely images! You inspire me with your garden checklist...so simple yet effective! Thanks so much for the inspiration.
Warmly,
Tracey
x0x
!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love photos! That's great that you give yourself a deadline for garden projects. I did make a list of what needs to be done but I'm afraid it's going to be on going!

Manuela