Friday, August 27, 2010

Summer Time boy do we enjoy the Summer Time!

Summertime is sweet and fleeting. We wait all year and then it's gone in a sunset... The dark nights of Winter arrive and we long for the warm carefree days of Summer once again.

The words listed above is a beautiful comment left by my Husband Glenn on my last post I just had to share it with you. Very nicely said Glenn!
This is my dinner when my husband and best friend  decide to have oysters for the main and only course for dinner. Yes as you can see it is a bowl of honey nut cheerios and a bloody mary.
Hence, a really big bowl of oysters:(


Here they are enjoying their dinner while I am getting some cereal out of the cupboard.  

Here is the 1st photo taken of my outdoor tub, I just love to soak my feet in the evenings. It is still a work in progress but we are getting closer everyday to having this project complete and then I will follow up with photos to show our outdoor bathing area.

I just have to show you the wild flower garden, what a pretty site to sit by and enjoy the evening after work. Glenn and I have new ideas for next year I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I would like to introduce you to Lincoln Edward the newest member to Glenn's oldest daughters home. He is our 2nd grandchild and both Glenn & I welcome him with open arms!
Big Sister Lucy is the apple of our eyes! She is going to be a wonderful big sister that is for sure.

Hope you enjoyed just a snap shot of our summer and I just know I will have more to talk about here real soon.

2 comments:

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Hi Betty, just have to comment that I'd eat the cheerios over oysters any time too!!! Also, your new grand is adorable...and the daisies you put in your work in progress pool are charming...it looks so cozy and comforting to soak your feet in after a long hot day.
Warmly,
Tracey
x0x
P.S. Your husband is a poet!

Betty said...

Thanks Tracey for the wonderful feedback!