Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Only in Betty & Glenn's backyard!

As you can see I got a really good deal on metal cookie cutters, I saw this awhile back in a photo and told my husband I wanted to do that to a warn out gate that I don't have the heart to ask Glenn to take down. Not because I don't want to ask him but just because it is old and sort of outdated, which in turn makes the gate "cool"!

We have a new area we have been working on in the backyard, the entrance from the front actually. I have wanted to have tumbled glass so this is where it ended up. I used metal rings from a broken wine barrel to keep the glass in one area. It ended up being a great circle effect and I also put weed cloth under the glass so the pieces didn't make their way into the dirt, as I was told they will do that. 


Just a closer look at stuff that seems to show up "only in Betty & Glenn's backyard.

2 comments:

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Hi Betty...I've not seen that cookie cutter idea before...it's cute...whimical!!! Love your yard too.
Warmly,
Tracey
x0x

Betty said...

Hi Tracey, I thought I got this idea from one of your posts from last year but I guess not. I just love to watch people look at the fence with wonder; like what was she thinking when she put these up. It really love them. have a great day, Betty