Thursday, January 8, 2009

Betty's Califorina Rolls




The Ultimate Sushi Kit by TUSNAMI






I am very proud to say I have homemade Sushi, California Rolls. I found this kit at Newport Market and I followed the chef on my cooking game for my DS. I served them to a group of people consisting of family and friends and my sushi got great reviews. This was the appetizer for a great dinner cooked by my Husband and Lisa but sorry guys that is a later post this one is about the Sushi :)



I can't wait to make sushi for "the boys" when they come over, even though Micah has enjoyed the real thing in Japan and then Casey and Andrew enjoy the real weird stuff when they go out for Sushi in the Portland area. I am not good enough to make the raw fish pieces but I think they will appreciate that I made it myself. I guess I will have to wait and see. Right Guys?



So here is the photos of the steps I took to making this fun appetizer:




What Fun I Had....

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Best California Rolls EVER!! Now you just need to learn how to make tempura and your menu will be complete!! YUM!

Hazelrah said...

I don't think I would trust myself with making raw fish foods. The rolls look delicious! Andrew does like the more intense sushi. Tempura should be cake to make. You can get the batter no problem it's just the deep frying that gets tricky. I'm not allowed to touch the stuff at work. :( I go near the deep fryer and my mom yells at me.

I loved the pictures Holly took as well. She knows how to capture a moment well. That was a very fun night, we all had a lot of fun celebrating the New Year.

Amanda said...

Those were good! You did a great job. :)

bunbun said...

Beautiful! I would love to have some of your california rolls! And I know Casey would, too. I have not made rolled sushi in a long time, it isn't easy for me.
That is so cool you used your DS for cookig. I use my Iphone sometimes. I like using gadgets in the kitchen cause it helps keep things fun.

I would like to make tempura with you sometime. I have everything you need, it is pretty easy and fun. We made it for Grandma Toshi once and I was so nervous I had to excuse myself for a minute and pep talk myself!
Maybe next time you come we can make it together!
Either way, I would like to have another cooking session with you, it was fun last time and my mom doesn't like to cook much anymore, so I would like to spend time with you in the kitchen.

Betty said...

Its a date Holly, WHEN?

bunbun said...

Anytime~! Lets talk this week and see what we can come up with!