Saturday, January 31, 2009

Personal Trainer COOKING on my DS!

I just have to say every woman over 40 should have a DS, this device is good for the brain, soul and diet. There is other stuff that it is good for but I want to write about cooking.

I have learned how to make Chinese cabbage salad, California rolls, chicken teriyaki and Seafood in Lettuce Cups. The lettuce cups were fun to make pretty easy and the 3 of us ate them all in one sitting. For those of you that have this game you need to make the lettuce cups they are delish..

What's fun about it is you can list ingredients you have in your cupboards already and it will pull up recipes that call for them, or you can go my calories per serving, etc. You can then create a grocery list, and then follow the chef step by step.

The next recipes I am going to try are; Red Berry Coulis,Tomato Bruschetta and Kimchi Dumpling Soup. The red berry coulis is from Germany the soup is from South Korea and the bruschetta Italy. The soup recipe is challenging since you make the dumplings from scratch, good luck to me! I will let you know how they turn out.
Here are some photos that were taken while we were cooking up some good meals. When Glenn and Lisa cook together it is pretty fun to watch, they argue, agree and disagree and they make the best food together. Glenn would turn up the stove, Lisa would turn it down, Glenn would put the lid on, Lisa would take it off. You would think they were married...
But look what they can cook up together. Best dish of Paella I have had!




Here is what my counter looks like when I am making California Rolls, which have now become a repeat favorite. Happy Cooking!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

If I didn't know any better I would say that Glenn has a pleading look on his face that says "get her out of my kitchen", but I know better!!! Is that Jake's head peaking around from behind me?? That was the best fun cooking and the Paella was DELISH!!