Friday, January 9, 2009

Pine Cones for the Birds

On New Years Day, Glenn and I made food for the birds. We took pine cones, bird seed, peanut butter, bacon grease, Brer Rabbit Molasses and twine to hold the cones in the trees. I really haven't seen any birds yet but I know they will come... The cones look cute. hanging in the trees but I don't know if we picked up the right seed for the birds that are around here in the winter. I put my photos on this post backwards sorry, I have had a long day.











These deer are all I have seen in the back yard, I wonder if they like bird seeded pine cones, I bet they do. I will have to check on my next day off.





3 comments:

Amanda said...

That looks fun! I'm excited to do things like that with Luce when she gets a little older, I used to make those when I was a kid. I did make some cookies with her today though. :)

bunbun said...

Very cute! I love that last photo of all the deer in your yard

Hazelrah said...

How fun and nice for the birds! I'm sure they're loving them. They look appetizing to me, even.