Monday, May 25, 2009

Snow and Flip Flops!

Snow and Flip Flops!

Yesterday the day started with Glenn and I deciding to spend time working in the back yard. We went to get the items we needed and then tackled the long over due task of taking out 4 over grown rose bushes that were here when we moved in. I don't care for roses in my yard because they take to much care in my opinion. So out they come, after a while of digging and trying to act like we were having fun we got out 2 bushes. We decided to leave the other 2 for another day, and then we must of got a 2ND wind because before we knew it the 3rd one was out.
Andrew and Debbie show up about 30 minutes into the project, Debbie was tending to there little dog Cedric, who by the way loves to come to Redmond to Grandma Betty's back yard to play. Cedric just wishes Juniper Berry would play with him, but that is a whole different story.
I will finish this story with; Andrew came to rescue and took out the biggest and ugliest rosebush:) So now they sit in the fire pit waiting for there final destiny, burning up. Sorry to those of who grow great roses and I agree they are one of the prettiest flowers but they are not for me to grow. We praised Andrew when he was finished and silently both Glenn and I were extremely glad we didn't have to tackle that last one. I was overcome with joy as I realized, oh my gosh, I do need my kids help from time to time and that is OK!
This is what we did in the late afternoon please read on;
Century Drive, Bend Oregon
Soda Creek that flows into Sparks Lake.


Debbie and Andrew walking in the snow by Devils Lake

Entrance gate onto the boat dock at Elk Lake.

We decided it was time to go do something special for a few hours, so we went up Century Drive to take a look at Sparks lake, Devils lake and Elk lake. Century Drive just opened for the 1st time since last fall on Friday so we knew there would be snow but, wow was there snow.
Living in Central Oregon
to be continue....

1 comment:

Hazelrah said...

I love central Oregon and so does Andrew! I keep telling him we should end up there after school. :) But the drive was fun despite the chill! Thank you for the fun day.