Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer Camping



A summer camping trip can be one of the most memorable times of the season. I have put off blogging about this trip because I wanted to be able to post in a way that showed my appreciation for the time we get to spend in the wilderness, the forest, at the lake but most of all setting up camp in the mountains for such a small snap shot in time.


I really enjoy the wild flowers as Debbie takes a look at the Indian Paint Brush.


Cedric's 1st trip to Walton Lake.









I am able to get the summer tan, I have waited all winter for. The girls enjoying the night life.






Paul trying to "dance" with his bottle of beer while the girls coach him or maybe they are laughing at him!






The wild flowers are incredible in the mountains.






"Sweet Lisa" staying warm on a cool night.








Hot Fire!










I don't know why some photos are taken or by who, I bet if I was to guess Glenn took this one. I think it is so cute, this must be a camp guest aka Glenn's shot glass.







While Monica was enjoying a jeep ride with her Dad
they came across this wild yellow Daisy flower patch.









It was hot some days, that is really all I have to say for this Father and Son combo!









Micah's birthday, presents all around! Happy Birthday Micah!











A group going out to "target practice", I think.









Lucy even came one night to enjoy her 1st marshmallows. What a cute camper she is.










I really enjoy Amanda and Lucy's company. Thanks for coming to our camp site.





One summer night the music starts...


The great Camp Fire!


Our home in the mountains, looks small but really quite roomy.


Monica and Emily keep themselves busy doing this type of stuff.


Andrew challenges his Dad to a game of Chess, I think the game ended suddenly due to a foot knocking over the table. Andrew wasn't very happy with his Dad..


One can enjoy the sun and the surroundings ALL DAY LONG!

Micah and Jenn cool off while boating at Walton Lake.


Our Tent!

Two Brothers!


Another night of entrainment singing and dancing. I hear it soothes the soul and I believe that!

OK??? I just love these two guys!


The girls talked me into taking them on a Jeep ride to the top.

The stream


Beauty is all around us.


For years to come I will always remember the summer camping trips. These post only gives you a small sample of our time we spend in the mountains. Special thanks to all who came and enjoy this time, with me. Hey you want to do it again!?!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love that post and all the pictures! Makes me wish we were out there right now. Without night tantrums of doom. We had so much fun, even with the tantrum! It was fun watching Lucy eat her first marshmallows. :)

Hazelrah said...

Great post! I was anticipating this one and it was fun to recollect the memories. I had a lot of fun and so did Andrew and Cedric. I'm going to make sure we can go all week long next year.

Betty said...

Please don't wait until next year to go with us again, we will have to talk soon, maybe Labor Day weekend?? Miss you guys, B