Monday, September 21, 2009

Freezing Garden Vegetables to enjoy later!

THE END OF SUMMER!
The last of the green bean's, we have been eating on them most of the summer. I have found if you saute' them instead of steaming or boiling they don't seem so "squeaky" when you eat them. Thanks for the tip Sis!

Also the last of our corn this year has been the best crop we have had here in Central Oregon. When it comes to fresh corn there is really no other way to eat it but cooked on the cob.
Prepping for the blanching process, 7 minutes in boiling water and then 7 minutes in an ice bath. Package and off to the freezer to enjoy in the winter months to come. I amused myself while working in the kitchen with the summer veges by watching the movie Wall-E on my laptop. I just love a movie where robots fall in love!





1 comment:

Amanda said...

How funny! Green beans do get squeaky, don't they. Dustin and I like Wall-E a lot too. :)