Sunday, September 6, 2009

September 2009 Summer Vacation



Spending day after day in the wilderness is amazing! I tried to pack my back pack as light weight as I can but that is something I just can't seem to achieve. Maybe it's the hard bound book I wanted to take or the one to many shoes that I think I needed to have during the week. Well just take a look for yourself, it really isn't a lot when you think about what you need on a daily basis to survive. Read on and you will see what it takes to be able to eat, sleep and play in the mountains.














I-pod in the dirt




The 1st night we spent the evening somewhere in the Cascade wilderness around the base of Broken Top. Into the warm night we enjoyed the sounds of my IPod and our favorite beer. I wanted to wear my camping coat even though it was eerie warm because of the furry hood attached which makes me feel pretty:):) So I did!






The next day we took a hike into "the tarn", needless to say within feet of our destination I tried to turn around or quite, I was so scared to go on any farther, why because of the small rocks sliding under my feet and the last part of the hike was far to steep for me. I have this fear of falling and hurting my back it seems really stupid to me but that's how it is. Glenn coached me across the stream and guided me the rest of the way up by walking partly in the ice cold water. All I have to say is, I DID IT! Thanks Glenn for your patience and guidance with those last few steps into paradise. Enjoy the photo's as much as I enjoyed the hike.
Let me backtrack into the morning, the weather was perfect not to hot or cold at least until about 1pm. But right at the heat of the day we ran into a snow cave, going inside the cave was like walking into air conditioning, the rest of the hike was one of those times where your mind gets clear of all possible blockage, does that make any sense to you? It does me, because I experienced it first hand.

The next chapter of our trip was spent at a lake that Glenn likes to think is his own private lake, so that is what we will refer to it as.
I guess I can do that because every time I go there it is like it is reserved just for us, there is nobody around but us, I will assume that is because you have to walk into it and there isn't any postings on the road that it exists at all. We hiked in a boat to float on the lake with and our favorite chairs to set in the lake with, and that is pretty much what we did. The lake beach was perfect only tiny footprints of something we didn't identify at the time and a few ducks and 1 crane.



I can actually say this trip was long over due and one of the best camping trips ever. For some reason (that I can't figure out yet), Those few days have really stayed with me in my memories of the best times ever. I am sad the camping season is almost over for this year but I look forward to this trip in the years to come as I am sure that Glenn is too. Boy did I have FUN!








No comments: