Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fun Snowy Day Off!



This is such a good day to have off, the air is cold and there are flurries of snow in the air. I happen to like this time of year your home changes it look so quickly with Halloween then the smells of cooking for thanksgiving , the decorations for Christmas time and then we seem to finish this busy time with a celebration of the past year and bringing in the new year!




Today is the day I am preparing the menu for thanksgiving day and get my shopping list ready. It's funny but I like to do my thanksgiving day shopping at Safeway. I don't shop at Safeway any other time of the year, I think it has become a tradition with me. When we lived in Oregon City, it was different living there you really had to plan you time wisely and being in retail we were always so busy during this time. It never failed every year Glenn and I would end up at Safeway across the freeway in Gladstone around midnight a day or two before Thanksgiving. You see in the city the grocery stores stayed open all night or into the early morning hours so you could shop for food anytime you liked not like here in Redmond where most places are closed by 11pm. So again this year I will keep my little Thanksgiving meal shopping tradition and visit our local Safeway.




Hope you have as good as a day as I plan on having.

No comments: