Monday, November 2, 2009

Glenn is brewing again!



Glenn has played with the "art" of brewing beer for about 8 years now. You never really know when he is going to brew a special batch of beer so I always like to see what inspires him to do so. My "49"Th birthday was one of those inspirations, he started the process the day of my birthday. He choose a mixed berry ale, I really can't describe it now because I haven't tasted it yet. A batch of beer like this takes about 20 days from start to finish. The beer is bottled now and they are just sitting there waiting for the special labels to be put on. The name of the beer is called "Birthday Betty's Brew", I can't wait for that 1st taste, I am sure I won't be disappointed!

Saturday night after spending Halloween with Lucy and Amanda we decided to make the Birthday Betty Beer labels. We both had input in designing the labels so that made for a fun time. In about 5 days we will be able to open up a bottle and have a taste I can't wait I will be excited to see how a bottle of beer tastes that is named after me:)




I have an unexpected announcement to make, I am deeply sadden by the 1st beer my Husband named after me has gone awry ( looked up the spelling). The taste was OK but there was an odor, Glenn is recapping his steps to see what went wrong. I feel really bad but in all the years of him brewing this is the 1st mishap, so if you ask me that is a pretty good track record. I would like to have you try another one when your ready so maybe some day I can have my personal beer made especially for me. As they say "don't sweat it, have another home brew"!
Until next time, have a good day, Betty

2 comments:

Hazelrah said...

It looks like a fun process! Sorry your beers didn't turn out. The bottles are adorable at least!

Amanda said...

I'm glad he's brewing again, I feel bad that he doesn't have a lot of time with how busy he's been at work.