Monday, November 2, 2009

June's got a new dog bed!



What do you do with a pile of men's shirts that your Husband says are wore out? here is what I did, You let the pile sit were you can see it and you stare at it wondering what could be done with a great pile of fabric. Casey's dog Simon gave me the idea when I was visiting, it was funny to watch Simon; his "blanket" was being washed and he didn't want to lay on his bed until his blanket was out of the dryer. I thought to myself I could cut up Glenn's shirts and make a dog bed so June could enjoy her bed as much as Simon enjoys his!
Well, June still sneaks up in her favorite chair when we are busy, this habit started when she was a puppy so it's probably to late now to correct:) But I do think she appreciates her new dog bed when we are in our outdoor living area (patio). The cement doesn't seem so hard and cold when she lays on her bed.
I still have shirts and fabric left over so now I am working something else up in my head, pillows maybe I guess we will all have to wait and see. But in the mean time thanks to Simon for the great idea!!

1 comment:

Hazelrah said...

That is such a simple yet great idea! I'll have to remember that. Maybe I'll make something for Cedric's crate, because he's always on my pillow when we sleep. :p