Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chair REDO!

I acquired 2 chairs from Amanda and they are the perfect size to put into the Voodoo Lounge. So I wanted them to look like the "motif" that my Husband is trying to achieve, that would be like dark, skulls, roses, candles, you know a voodoo type of look :)


I found some fabric that is black denim with skulls and crossbones stitch onto the fabric, prefect!


I took the chairs apart how hard could that be, well there are so many pieces of wood and cardboard and then this really old cotton padding needless to say the red vinyl on the outside of the chair seat completely fell to pieces or maybe crumbs would be a better word when I took it off. So that took awhile but now was time to clean up the chrome, and re pad the 2 chairs.


Re padding the chairs took me about 6 hours, I used new cotton padding with the original wood and cardboard. I am very pleased on they way they turned out, and they look pretty good in front of the army stove that heats the lounge, (which by the way is a stick built garden shed).


Here are the photos to show you the steps I took and how the end result came out.


















Hey Glenn if you are reading this maybe we should plan a dinner out in the lounge on friday night since I don't go to work until 11am, hey what do you think? It's been awhile since we have enjoyed the warmth of the stove, and the dim lighting from the candles and the cool air from the open door....

4 comments:

Teresa Marie @ Coonie and Bees said...

Love the chairs Betty and I'm glad to see you are Blogging as well. I've been thinking about it for sometime and finally decided to just jump in and do it. Look forward to following yours, talk to you again soon. ~Teresa

Amanda said...

I love how those chairs turned out, they are just so cool!

bunbun said...

Great job, betty! They will look great in the lounge!

Betty said...

Thanks you guys, I was really pleased on how they turned out.