Friday, January 15, 2010

No Sun and Wandering

Yesterday was my day off and the forecast was for the sun to come out and shine. Since the sun was going to be coming out I was going to go out and rake up pine needles and wander around outside thinking of this summer and what I wanted to do in the yard, (a big past time for me). The yard thing all started when I left a very stressful job in late spring a few years back. The "therapy" I chose was gardening so I would recover quickly and start a new way of life. I am still in "therapy" or should I say gardening, ha ha, and it's been almost 4 years, again ha ha! Now back to yesterday wouldn't you know it the sun did not come out even though the temperatures seem to be on the warm side at least not freezing I still didn't want to go out unless the sun showed it's color.

So I wandered around the house, opening drawers and cleaning them out I was able to clean out 4 of them:) Then I sat down at the side bar in our kitchen and mapped out a phasing schedule of my upcoming project, refinishing the kitchen cupboards. When I was pleased with the map I did some research on painting cupboards vs varnishing you see my Husband wants varnish and I would like to paint them. After some research it does look like varnishing would be less work so varnishing it is. From the phasing schedule I came up with it will take me 15 days working only 1/2 of the day on the cupboards. It is a good thing I am not one of those people who have to have it done now and it doesn't make me crazy to let a project go on for days but I do finish what I start, I hope my plan works. My goal is to start before the end of the month, wish me luck...

I was pleased to receive a call from Son while he was on his lunch break. It is always nice to talk with him for a little while, Casey's conversations are always pleasing to me. The calender on my desk has the final countdown for when Casey and his wife Holly move to Maryland to start a new adventure in life this August. It's funny with them living in Portland I don't see then but maybe every 4 months now but I can get to their home quickly if needed but them moving clear across the United States has been challenging to get use to. Don't get me wrong I am extremely excited to visit them in Maryland and see that side of the United States and how Casey and Holly adjust to the area. So I call it a "bitter sweet" time for Mom.


My evening finished with Kadie coming over and between her and I we signed Kadie up for some online courses through Penn Foster so she can get her "medical coding and billing certificate". Kadie has not been back to school since she graduated from high school and I did not push her at the time to start college. She came to me about a month ago after she had done all the research and asked me what I thought. It was so funny last night we were at the computer enrolling her; laughing, being serious and looking a little nervous with both of us wondering what has she gotten herself into. I know she can do it, it seems like her mind is made up and schooling of any kind is good., right? Kadie I am very proud of you and your decision and You have my full support!


After Kadie left I looked around the house and decided there was a reason the sun didn't come out today I was needed in the house to get stuff done that has gone unnoticed for a while and answer the phone when it rang also to be the support needed for my Daughter. Maybe next week I can get outside and take care of the pine needles but then again it is still January and in Central Oregon that means snow, snow, snow! I will just have to wait and see what happens.

1 comment:

Thomas Atkins said...

Sounds like things are going well! I'm glad to hear it.Oh and good job Kadie for enrolling in school!!!