Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Busy Weekends!

Wow what a eventful weekend we had, first of all we were able to enjoy a day at home just doing the silly stuff that gets left behind or shoved into a corner by two people who work fulltime and like to have fun on our days off. On saturday we headed to southern oregon for the District finals for Toastmasters, Glenn has done very well during these few competitions. Boy do I feel he is riding the circut for Toastmasters:) by winning 1st place at regionals he is onto state competition in Portland Oregon on May 1st. I can't wait to cheer him on and try to keep him calm before his 7 minute speech. Let me tell you that can take a lot out of you and I am not talking about giving a 7 minute speech I am talking about keeping him calm. But thats is my job and I will follow him until he chooses not to place and go on.

After the competition we drove back to Bend to spend the night at the Oxford suites to celebrate Glenn's birthday. Our dinner at 10 BeLOW was one of the best we have had and I would have to say the most original, WOW what a meal and the drinks were to die for. http://www.oxfordhotelbend.com/
In our room andat the resturant 10 BeLOW.
Photo of a driveway we walked by in downtown Bend, I just loved it!

Beautiful flowers!
Cute dog waiting for his cup of coffee in downtown Bend.

Sunday we enjoyed tacos and marionberry pie from WestSide Bakery for Glenn's birthday dinner.


Glenn enjoying his gifts and his granddaughter Lucy!
Lucy playing in the backyard and Grandpa and Grandma Bettys.


Me & Totoro!
It's a good thing I work the next weekend so I can relax a little, just kidding I really do work hard and I can't wait for my next day off with my wonderful very talented speech giving Husband, Glenn. Happy Birthday to you my Dear! Love , Betty

2 comments:

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

I just love that driveway too! Sounds like a fun, fun weekend.
Warmly,
Tracey

Amanda said...

I'm glad you two had a good time!! It's so nice to be able to get out of town once in a while. :)