Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Deer love our yard until they trip the DEER SPRINKLER!

For years I have been trying to co-exist with the deer and my yard. My Husband Glenn needs a round of applause,  for my birthday last year he got me (hav-a-hart) deer sprinklers. As you can see by the photo I took this afternoon they work! To the left of this photo is 3 garden boxes the middle box filled with beans, deer love beans. This is about as close as they can get to them, if they adventure any closer to the boxes the sprinkler goes on and startles them away.

I decided to leave the front brun at the edge of our yard alone so they can enjoy what is growing wild under those trees. As you might say I can "have-a-hart" when I want too:). If you are interested in these sprinklers which I highly recommend I have provided two links he got me one of each. One takes a 9volt battery and the other AA's, aside from that they both work the same.

I was asked last weekend what I wanted for my birthday the year and I said 2 more deer sprinklers of course:). Well and a rain barrel (which if you think about it we live in the high desert and it hardly rains) but I still want one:). Oh yes and a word of advice, invest in batteries at Costco it will save you in the long run. I am on my 4th set this summer season, just saying.

It's nice to know I can go to the lake and not worry that all my hard work will be eaten up in 15 minutes!

http://www.havahart.com/store/electronic-repellents/5266b or http://www.amazon.com/Contech-CRO101-Scarecrow-Activated-Sprinkler/dp/B000071NUS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346887941&sr=8-1&keywords=deer+sprinklers

Happy Gardening, Betty

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So the deer sprinkler really is working out for you guys? I know I'm scared of it.