Saturday, May 31, 2008

Marie's bearded Iris





When I was growing up people would pull off the road just to admire my Mother's Iris beds. She has all colors, hundreds all in rows, very pretty. When I was visiting her 2 summers ago she gave me some bulbs, last year they were OK, but this year I think they are going to be just as beautiful as the ones I remember growing up, only on a much smaller scale. I believe she only planted the common bearded Iris, I think it is because she could plant so many colors. http://www.gardenguides.com/plants/info/flowers/perennials/beardediris.asp, I like to refer to this website, especially for perennials.
Here is the 1st ones that have bloomed, I will post more as they all bloom. Thanks Mom for having these flowers be a part of my life...





2 comments:

bunbun said...

I am glad you posted that link, it will help us out a lot.
I was just telling casey yesterday that I wanted to have some of these in our garden next year! Irises are so beautiful and eye-popping.
And now I want them even more so!!!
Casey and I love to read your blog together, you do a wonderful job, we are so happy you started it up!
Miss you!

Betty said...

Thanks for the support, The next time you come over I will send some bulbs home with you, then you guys can grow Grandma Marie's flowers.