Sunday, June 1, 2008

Heaven Can Wait

We are a great TEAM!


Trudy wore the blue hat showing she is a survivor.


To the finish line in in 1hour and 38seconds!




Today was the Heaven Can Wait 5K run/walk. A few of the Ladies I work with walked wearing our company shirts, I was walking with my Step Daughters. Breast Cancer is an awful cancer but I guess when you think about it any cancer is awful. There were so many people there to support the "cause". In the beginning to honor the survivors of breast cancer they had all the people who have not had cancer kneel and the ones standing were the survivors, it was a very special moment I will never forget. I work with 2 Ladies who are survivors, they are remarkable people. I admire their strength and their will to move on in life. My Hat off to you both, Trudy and Kay....

I really enjoyed the time I spent with Amanda and Monica, I felt so proud to walk with them today. I am wanting to walk this September for the alzheimer's memory walk/run http://www.alz.org/join_the_cause_memory_walk_jtc.asp , I hope they want to walk with me, we will see.

3 comments:

bunbun said...

I wish I could have gone with you guys!
i plan on doing some walks that the hospital sponsors soon.

ashtekk said...

hi baby,

sounds like a wonderfully insightful experience, thanks for letting my girls be a part of it.

bunbun said...

Hi Betty,
In response to the question you asked me, you can respond either way, the way i usually do it is by answering it on my blog, but sometimes I do on other peoples blogs, too. I think most people check to see if the response again after a day or two....at least i do!
And sometimes i forget to respond to certain things I meant to, but I think most people are pretty understanding about that. if you really want to make sure that someone reads it, then I probably would post it on their page. Anyways, I hope that helps! Hope you all are having a great week!