Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Broken Top and Glenn



Broken Top, trail is on the right looking at the photo.
Every year my Husband Glenn takes 3 days to back pack into the wilderness and climb broken top. I believe this is one of his favorite places and yes I mean on top of the mountain. I have I think 6 different photos of the same man sitting on top of the mountain smiling the same smile. I have to hand it to him he walks every lunch hour rain or shine or in our case snow or shine so he can stay fit for this climb.

Whispy Clouds
This is one trip I don't take with him, I am not into climbing like that I don't really like high places and loose rocks. The photos he brings home are beautiful and I can only imagine what it would look like seeing it for myself. One year Glenn took Micah his son and Casey my son with him and I often think of what Casey told me when he tried to describe a butterfly hatch he was in while sitting on top of this mountain is sounded so surreal, I know that moment in time will be in Casey's thoughts forever. This year Glenn's oldest son Andrew and Glenn's brother and his son went with him and it sounds like they have a great time.

The Hikers!




Glenn I know you are already to go again and can hardly wait for next years climb so just keep doing what you are doing to prepare and have I told you lately I am so proud of you?



As always Glenn brought me back beautiful photos so I wanted to share them with you, so sit back and enjoy the scenery.
I wonder what Andrew is thinking.


I bet it was a cold winter for this "pop top"

Onward to the top!

Hang on Dear Brother your almost there.

What a view

Now there's that smile I'm talking about..

It doesn't get much better then this, does it Glenn.


No comments: