Monday, September 15, 2008

Somebody has to do it!



I would just like to voice my opinion on retail stores. 2 weekends ago were crazy hours, long days, back to back schedules, but you would probably only understand this if you worked or have worked in retail.


It was time to set the store for the fall do you have any idea what that means; this would be moving out all that was left over from summer and set the new fall product. This process includes on time shipments, un-boxing a huge amount of freight, hanging, steaming,etc. Then there is the 20+ mannequins that need to be undressed and redressed in their new outfits. Oh my gosh I was so tired then to top it off I had to stop by my local Target for something before work and I went by the back to school area and there was this girl taking down what looked like 15 feet of pencils and pens, she was talking to herself saying "I must be crazy I feel like I just put this up last week" I sort of laugh to myself and she looked over at me, I told her I worked in retail I got a smile out of her. I asked her if this was going to be the Halloween area and she said yes I told her I would visit it when she was through. I then went on my way.


While I was driving down the road I got to thinking about how we all just go into a store and buy stuff and then go on our way. So I decided the next time I am in a store, I was going to take a good look around and appreciate all that has been done to help me make my decision to buy something.

I know a lot of people who work in one form or another of retail and my hat off to you, you know who you are:

Each one of these lines are different people I know who:


  • orders and stocks food on the shelves


  • fills on line orders

  • makes sure the buildings are in good shape

  • creates flower arrangements

  • picks out outfits for ladies, or gifts purchased by a husband or relative

  • works extremely early mornings stocking shelves

  • coaches sales people to do their best


4 for these people are my Children or Step Children and myself so I just want you to know, you have a very important job and the everyday person needs you more then you will ever know. So keep it up all of you and Have A Good Day!!






3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yes! Good post, Betty. :)

bunbun said...

I really love that picture of you! Do you mind if we print it?

Betty said...

Thanks Amanda, I appreciate the support.. Yes, Holly you can print it.