Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Halloween


I know its a little late but here it is. My Halloween post:


I work with a very nice Lady that has older kids like me so her nor I really get to go out and "trick or treat" and we both live in areas where we don't get many if any trick or treaters at all. So we like to work the closing shift at work and wear costumes.







We get these plastic hats that protect the straw hats that come in the summer so we were wearing them around one day being funny. That is when we decided to decorate them for our costumes this Halloween and we would be "the worst, best dressed salesperson".



I am not really creative so I asked Amanda, my step daughter, to help me and she came up with the inspiration for my hat from the book Go Dog Go. What is funny about this is when a Man brought his kid into the store to "trick or treat" he said "look honey her hat looks like the one from the book, Go Dog Go. I guess you could say, we did good Amanda.



If you can't tell this is my hat sitting on top of a pumpkin! The photo below is looking down at my hat, the little kids just loved looking at it.

Yes, that is a photo of Marie Antoinette attached to my hat, Why you ask? Because I could, I replied.

The Trick Or Treaters started at 2pm and by 5pm we had over 500 little goblins and big monsters come through our store. My Granddaughter Lucy came into the store after visiting her Grandpa at his work she was so cute in her costume.


Lucy, you are the cutest butterfly I have ever seen!

My Co-Worker and I talked about what we wanted to do next year, we came up with Ballerina's or barber shop quartet. I guess we will all have to wait and see. Have a very BOOtiful day!

3 comments:

bunbun said...

Cute! You two look like you had a great time. 500 trick or treaters?! Wow... I got about 30 or so at our house and thought it was crazy.

Amanda said...

Lucy is the cutest butterfly. :) I loved how your hat turned out, so fun!

Betty said...

Thanks for helping me with my hat. I like the way you let me do it but gave me advice along the way, crazy advice I might add thats what I love about you:)

We had over 500 pieces of candy and I told the girls we need to give out only one piece per kid, we were out of candy before 5:30, and I looked at the door counter and it registered over 500 people and if you are under 3ft it doesn't register, wow!