Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day!

Happy Thanksgiving! What a wonderful day we had, last week I posted the menu for our family dinner and I am pleased to say most all went well. Almost everything was a hit except for the corn bread dressing, I have always wanted to try it, I guess I won't be using that recipe again everyone preferred breaded dressing so I have made a note for next year. I spent most the week shopping and cooking for that 1 hour of eating, but boy was it worth it especially when I look at these wonderful photos. So here they are I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.



Lucy in her dress that Uncle Micah brought back from his trip to Vietnam and Japan.



Micah showing us his cashmere suit he had custom made in Vietnam. It is just beautiful.



Yusuke saying hi to June. We were pleased when we found out Yusuke was coming again this year, he is a fellow college student of Micah's. Since his family is in Japan he has been coming to our home for Thanksgiving he is so fun to have around.



Here we all are after dinner.



Lucy liked the rolls!



The potatoes that Dustin is dishing up were a weird color due to the nutmeg the recipe called for I was concerned nobody would eat them, they were all gone by that night, that would be 8 lbs of potatoes!



Glenn proudly carving the turkey, he was such a great help, he even let me boss him around before the dinner :)




The BONFIRE! at dusk, what fun it is to stand around the fire and talk. I was in bed a little while after this, tired I was. While I was fast asleep the kids heated up the left overs for a midnight snack.

Happy Thanksgiving from Our Family to Yours!

ps. Happy Birthday to my Sister!

5 comments:

Hazelrah said...

What a lovely day! I'm happy that I got to enjoy it with your family. The potatoes were my favorite. :]

Also, Andrew said "Yusuke" is the correct way to spell his name.

Betty said...

thanks I will correct his name, I tried. B

bunbun said...

Thanksgiving at your house looks so wonderful! although we had a great time here, we both missed you and everyone.
I can't imagine cooking for that many people!
I really love the photo of everyone in the backyard, it is so cute. Who took it? Or was it on timer?
Potatoes with nutmeg sound really really yummy. I want to try that sometime.

Thomas Atkins said...

Yay!! That was a lot of fun! Hopefully I swing by for Christmas, but only time will tell.
-トマス

Betty said...

Holly, Glenn put the camera on timer. I have been disappointed lately I feel my photos have been blurry and I have go to go back to the manual and read about it. Have a good weekend. B