Wednesday, November 12, 2008

THE TWILIGHT SAGA:

Approximately 3 months ago a friend of mine asked me if I had heard of this book series, The Twilight Saga, http://www.thetwilightsaga.com/ , I hadn't and she said I think you will like it I will bring you the first book in the series. I had to explain to her that I was a slow reader and I don't like to be all caught up in a book I only like to read occasionally. I then went onto say "the last thing I wanted to do was get all caught up in a series" well I am hooked, I ended up reading the 1st book almost 400 pages in a months time that is record time for me. I wanted to tell everyone I knew about the series and talk about the book I was reading. I am sure Glenn only listened 1/2 the time when I was telling him were I was in the book. It was so bad during this one part I couldn't put my book down, I told Glenn I was going to mop the floor after everyone went to bed, which I was going to by the way, but then I saw it sitting there on the table the 1st book in the series, Twilight. Well I guess you know the rest so I had to mop before I went to work the next morning, OH BROTHER!


What is so funny about this is, the book is a young adult reader, and they are saying that since the marketers have also put it in the adult reader section there are actually just as many adult reading it as young adults are. So I bet you are wondering what the book is about, or if you do know I bet you might be agreeing with me. The book is about kids in high school, and one group of them are Vampires and a Human Girl and a Vampire fall fall in love well there is alot more inbetween but I can't expain it all. I know, I know but trust me what a story line and The Author Stephenie Meyer is a wonderful writer. I am working though the 2ND book, New Moon. I went into the book store in down town Redmond to ask when the 3rd book would be out in paper back, not until March/April 2009. I said something like that is to bad I wanted it before the holidays started, the Lady behind the counter said oh are you getting the series for your Daughter, the other person behind the counter which was a male said no she is getting the book for herself, then he looked at me and said am I right, I smiled and said yes. I then told the lady she should read it she wouldn't be sorry she just sort of gave me a worried smile so I left. I laugh about that little episode all the time, I guess you would have to have been there.


Now the Movie called Twilight from the 1st book is coming to the theaters next Friday, and you can bet I am going to be there. I know the book is always better but I still want to see it. Maybe I will wear all black, just kidding :)


So I will try to keep blogging about life and stuff, but I do know the book is keeping occupied just ask Glenn but He is being a pretty good sport about it.

photo courtesy of Glenn taken in Burns Oregon

3 comments:

Hazelrah said...

I have to thank you for suggesting this series to me. :] I was in a rut and I would have never found them on my own. If you ever need to talk about them I'm here!

Betty said...

I just finished New Moon, now onto Eclipse. Are you going to the Movie next weekend?

Hazelrah said...

New Moon broke my heart. I knew all too well what she was feeling. I made Andrew use a vacation day at work so we could go to the movie and then out to dinner. I was thinking of waiting until our Redmond trip, but I don't think I can wait.