Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Menu

Being in retail you have to know how busy we are in the store, getting ready for the busiest time of the year. With that said every year I cook Thanksgiving Dinner, the whole Family comes to the house for a few days and EATS! Well except for Casey and Holly, Casey has to work and I understand that, maybe someday they will be able to come but until then you are in my thoughts and I am thankful I have you as my Son.






During this time of the year I like to be over organized, this is when Glenn would start calling me Monica (from Friends), I would prefer to be Phoebe, I like her free spirit, she is a little strange sometimes but I like that in a person. Keep on track Betty, So I think I have my menu ready to go.



*2008 Thanksgiving Day Menu*




TURKEY- following the recipe from Martha Stewart.com Turkey 101 from Lisa


PECAN CORNBREAD DRESSING - everyday food


MASH POTATOES WITH BOURBON GRAVY -everyday food


CRANBERRY RELISH - from Virginia


STEWED GREEN BEANS WITH BACON - everyday food


SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE - everyday food


ROLLS


PUMPKIN PIE


ANGEL FOOD CAKE W/BERRIES


CHAI SPICE GIRLS COOKIES




APPETIZERS -


OLIVE GARDEN HOT ARTICHOKE AND SPINACH DIP


SEASONED TOASTED BAGUETTE




CHAMPAGNE


SPARKLING CIDER





Holiday food photos posted at a later date!.


Happy Thanksgiving Day!

2 comments:

Hazelrah said...

Thanksgiving dinner sounds amazing! My family has always kept it simple. I'm excited!.. Even though I have to drive back at 7:30 the next morning.

Belle said...

What a Menu! Have a great time with your family.
I will be in the Seattle area either at the hospital or Joanna & Seans, or Paul & Lauries. Lillian Belle has us on Red alert!LOL. Her arrival day is to be today! Ha PG Mom not in a good mood LOOLLLL!!!
Happy ThanksGiving!