Sunday, April 5, 2009

Visiting Portland and My Son!


There are some very special times of the year I get to spend the weekend with my Son Casey and his wife Holly. My time is short when I go to Portland but that doesn't matter to me because we always make our time spent wonderful.

Simon, Casey's dog just loves to cuddle!

Casey and I enjoying the moment!

Casey and Holly put together a very nice dinner for us which we started about 8pm and finished around 11pm. Boy do those two know how to cook my only regret was we were to tired to have desert so I missed out on that but maybe next time.

A nice start to dinner vegetable tempura.

During the night we (Glenn & I) woke up around 2 am and our camping mattress sprung a hole we were on the hardwood floor. Glenn starts the little compressor, when it is full he tells me to hurry and get into my sleeping bag because I only have about 4 good hours of sleep before we were on the floor again. He was right at 7am we were on the floor again so we got up.

After another wonderful meal, morning breakfast,espresso and another espresso.. We took off for our walk to I think its called Peninsula Crossing and Bybee Lake. What a beautiful area, I bet in the summer this area is something else to look at.




I find my times I get to spend with my Son in Portland are so memorable to me and I always enjoy myself so much. I can't wait till the next time we get to go.

2 comments:

bunbun said...

i am glad you had a good time with casey.
I am sorry that you guys were uncomftable on the floor, we are getting a futon next month so you wont have to worry about that next time. hope you can make it up more often now. talk to you soon

Betty said...

Our matteress problem was funny to us, and we slept great. Glenn also found the hole that caused the leak.