Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fiver!





I was asked at the beginning of the week if I had seen the chalk drawing on the cinder block out by the fire pit. I forgot about it, until tonight, 5 days later. I came home from work nobody was around so I decided to take a walk in the back yard really I was taking a look at the garden area wondering where to start and when I could get started. As I approached the fire pit I was taken back by what I saw. I have to say it was incredible. After bending down to see if it was for real I ran back into the house and got my camera. I am trying to figure out how I can preserve this drawing on the cinder block. I guess the next step is to "google it". I am glad I live in the high desert because I don't have to worry about rain washing it away. As I am typing this I am telling myself to go get the block under cover just in case until I can see what I can come up with to preserve the drawing.



I hope you enjoy it as much as I did; The photo above shows the drawing on the far left block. These blocks are used for seats when the fire is nice and hot, put there by Glenn so I don't want to move them, but I want to keep the drawing.

I want to make sure you get the full effect of this drawing the artist used a burnt stick from the fire the night before to draw this drawing. WOW!So now that you looked at the photos can you help me give the drawing a name? As for the Artist, Debbie I am in love with this piece of work you created, Thank you! If I can find a way to preserve the drawing on the cinder block will you draw on the other 2 blocks for me?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

what about coating it with varnish? the kids made me garden blocks with chalk drawings years ago and coated them and i still have them in the back yard, even with the rain!!

Betty said...

Thank you I will do that, what about a name?

Hazelrah said...

Aww, that's sweet! I was for sure thinking that you two would be mad that a bunch of charcoal was all over your cinder block. Haha. I would love to draw more! Charcoal is my weapon of choice.

As for a name.. The only thing that comes to mind is Fiver, from Watership Down and his eerie vision into a bloody future.

I usually spray a varnish on my paintings to hold the pastels. They also have liquid varnish.

Betty said...

I found cemet sealer, I had to buy a gallon and I used maybe 1 cup. So needless to say I have alot left over if anyone ever needs some:)