Friday, June 12, 2009

Weekend Getaway!

What constitutes a bad week?
*working a long week

*behind on your house work

*being a Mother

*eating habits

*not enough exercise

*worried about aging parents

*LIFE????

All great answers, but! That was my week last week. Thanks to my wonderful Husband, Glenn was able to take me away none to soon.


I packed a bag for 2 nights, arraigned for Kadie to stay with Monica and June as Glenn took care of the rest.

Friday at 6pm I sat down into the MGB GT named PO and off we went. Two hours into the drive I was still pretty uptight and I knew I needed to unwind quickly if I or should I say we were going to have a fun time:) As I was having my "self talk", I looked over at Glenn I could see he was having the time of his life, driving to the middle of nowhere (to some people) cruising about 70 MPH all while smiling. As I turned my head back to the window my eyes caught sight of his blackberry sitting next to a 1974 car clock both displaying the same time but beating to two different drums. WOW, I thought if only life were that easy.



Relax Betty Relax - was what everything around me was saying, let me explain what I saw:



* 1 wild Turkey in the ditch

* A Badger running across the road

*bunches of wild birds


*cows grazing in the fields

*The Dog at Dairy Queen that was the size of a pony

*and not to forget the pony running in the pastures.

OK it working, I can't help but let out all the clutter I have been storing up in my head. We ended up somewhere we have been to multiple times each time better then the last. I would say it's one of our top 5 places to go because for the next 2 days we:

*swam at dawn, well early morning to most


*slept a lot

*ate well


*hiked



*drove the sports car, fast

*went on a picnic


*explored

*drank

*read while Glenn prepared all the meals


*enjoyed happy hour and/or hours

*watch a movie on my laptop

*swam at midnight


I feel very fortunate to live only 2 1/2 hours away from somewhere that can provide all of the above and almost cost us nothing but a good time!


None of this could ever happen without the love and support I receive no matter whats going on in my little world from my dear Husband, Glenn.
THANK YOU, GLENN
&
Thank you Crystal Crane Hot springs Resort for always being available when needed. Take a look at their web site if you do go you won't be disappointed, it will cure what ever is ailing you! http://www.cranehotsprings.com/index.html








































3 comments:

Hazelrah said...

This was a great post. I followed you through your misery of everyday life, into relaxation and what life should be like.. It was beautiful and it reminds me how much I need a vacation.

Amanda said...

I totally agree with Debbie! Sigh - we need a vacation too. I'm glad you feel better after your trip, I know you had a bad week.

Betty said...

Debbie, I was touched by your comment. Amanda, I know and I am sorry but it's nice you live so close. Lets set up a time for Glenn and I to take Lucy for the night, we will be just fine. B