Thursday, October 16, 2008

BAMBOO

This post is really not about Bamboo it is about Bamboo jewelry created by Steve King. After you read this post you might want to go to, http://bamboojewelry.com/, to check it out.


I was given this very special gift, unlike anything I have ever received before, Glenn pick out this gift while visiting The Japanese Gardens in Portland, Oregon. Thanks Glenn I will treasure this gift forever....

Silver Cloisonne' Enamel with Swarovski Crystals

*bamboo gift box lined with anti-tarnish fabric*



Radiant Gossamer wing, IE, The Dragonfly

Dragonflies belong to the Order of animals Odanata. All Odanates start life as gill-breathing larva living in water. After 2-5 years, they metamorphose into winged adults and breathe through spiracules (holes) in their abdomen. Contrary to popular belief, dragonflies cannot sting or harm humans in any way! In fact, dragonflies are extremely beneficial - for they eat large quantities of insect pest such as flies, mosquitoes, midges and gnats.

Inside the bamboo box there were tiny information sheets about the jewelry, designer, and their company. I thought that was a neat idea, now when I wear the necklace I know what dragonflies go through just to be alive and that makes the necklace unique, don't you think.
Again Thanks Glenn, for such a unique gift. L, BJ

2 comments:

Thomas Atkins said...

Definitely, the whole eating pest bugs thing is cool too. Not only that but you can find them all over the world! I saw all kinds of species in Vietnam alone.

Happy Birthday Betty!!!!! I hope you have a fun day today...and don't have to work....if you were up here I'd offer you to come to Guys and Dolls with me, so if you're bored you can keep it in mind :P.

Amanda said...

That is beautiful, Betty!