Sunday, October 19, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Yeah! Nintendo DS, now I can work my mind.


It's funny how you have deep seeded issues or standards from growing up. I was born in October and that time of year on the farm was always corn harvest. Growing up corn harvest took a lot longer then it does now. So my birthday was nice back then but not necessarily a big deal. Now it seems I don't really want it to be deal still but Glenn likes to make it that way, so I just let him :)



We went out on a date Friday night to Bend, we ate and walked around down town then decided to go home, since it was a beautiful evening we wanted to sat outside with a fire in the chimnea and enjoy the harvest sky.
Amanda made the Halloween apron in the back, Glenn got me a silver heart necklace with an onyx skull and crossbones.


Before we went out I opened my presents and enjoy some of the cake Monica made for me. She makes very good cakes I am glad she doesn't make them a lot, I really don't need to be eating that much cake at my age....
1/2 eaten cake.


I took the weekend off, and boy did we have fun really just hanging out I work most weekends so we really enjoy them when we can.

Amanda helps Glenn with jewelry, he tells her what he wants and she creates it. I think it works out nicely for the both of them.


Thank you for all the nice birthday cards, here is to another year of getting older and wiser.






4 comments:

bunbun said...

Looks like a lovely day, we wish we could have spent some of it with you!
Your very own DS! How exciting! Have you been losing sleep because of it? LOL!

Betty said...

How did you know, I sometimes have to sneak I think some people think I use it to much. I happen to just think it is fun.

bunbun said...

I knew cause Casey told me awhile back!

Betty said...

I always thought Casey got his love of video games from his Father maybe just maybe it was me and none of us realized it. Really I don't play it alot, but I do sneak in a game now and then.