Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chimnea Time!

Fire!


The other night we enjoyed the evening sitting outside in front of our chimnea. We purchased this chimnea 9 years ago when we lived in Oregon City. We used this chimnea allot at the time because the weather was always damp and cool. Here in Central Oregon where it is dry and cold it hasn't been used as much, but this year I think we will be using it allot, because it is really enjoyable to sit in front of a fire while gazing at the bright fall stars in the sky. Glenn keeps repairing this chimnea thinking he can get one more season use out of it. I think there is more liquid nail stuff on it then the terracotta material it is made out of. While we were watching the fire, he noticed another crack he needed to repair, I hope it makes it like we want "just one moreyear".
9+ year old chimnea and Juniper Berry!



My walking partner Yvette and I got a little cold this morning during our walk, the temperature was 28 degrees, so we had to put on our hat, gloves, scarf, long johns and a coat. The sage brush was coated with frost and we saw large frozen bugs on the path we walk on, now that is cold. The dry canyon walk is a great place to start out a fall day here in Central Oregon!

2 comments:

bunbun said...

Ooooh! Casey and I were just talking about how we want one of these, and you just sealed the deal!

Thomas Atkins said...

Haha I remember that thing! I can't believe you guys still use it, but I'm not surprised, actually, it's kinda cool. You should light it up when I come down for Thanksgiving, that'd be sweet....Hope all is well at home!!