Sunday, October 19, 2008

PAELLA




"Paella"



If you like to cook and you like seafood this recipe is for you. Glenn was in Portland last week, he went out to eat dinner at South Park Seafood Grill in downtown on 9Th and Salmonhttp://www.southparkseafoodgrill.com/. He asked about their Paella and wanted to know exactly what it was, they told him it was their specialty. He loved it!






Glenn just loves to use his knifes!



Glenn looked the recipe up online at //www.mediterrasian.com/cuisine_of_month_paella_pf.htm. After we got all the ingredients, which took most of the day because we shopped around for saffron because it is very expensive. So if you know of the best place to get it please let me know.






You know how it is when a man cooks, they think they have to use every pan in the cupboard.


It looked like a fun dish to cook and it cooks up a lot, which happens to be very important to us especially when all the kids come over. As a side note I think it is very important to home cook when you have grown children and they come to visit. It gives them a sense of being home and comfort. Our kids have always been very good eaters and they like most recipes we cook, don't get me wrong we have had "flops" but over all we are pretty successful in cooking for 9 of us and one grandchild, boyfriends and girlfriends so that adds up when you are fixing a meal. A very special lady at work gave me a easy recipe for acorn squash which we served with the Paella;

Put squash in a 9x13 pan in the oven for 2 1/2 hours at 325 degrees, leave whole then after they cook cut them in half, scrape out seeds and stuff baste inside with butter and brown sugar and put back in over on broil for about 5 minutes. Easy and good! Thanks Trudy.

Time to eat!


If you want to try something new and you haven't cook this dish before I recommend you try it. It is really tasty I can't wait to have it again. Another good meal Glenn, Thanks BJ.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That looks good! I love acorn squash, I think I might make it for dinner tonight...

bunbun said...

I love acorn squash, too! Thank you for the recipe. I have burned a few in my time!
I know trader joes has saffron for about 5 bucks, but I think it comes in a larger container than most, but I may be wrong. I just noticed it while I was there last week.
Paella looks very good, and I love seafood! There is a restaurant right by our house that Casey and I really want to take you and Glenn to, called the Fishwife. It seems like a place Glen would love. Have you heard of it?

Betty said...

Yes, I have heard of it but have not been there. I hear the snow is already on the mountain, I can't believe winter is here so soon.