Friday, October 3, 2008

Mom of older ones!

Glenn and I have tried to raise our Kids to be independent and self thinkers, sometimes I think maybe we taught them too well. All 6 of them are very independent, the 5 older ones are all out on their own, raising a family, in relationships, working, going to school and trying to make it in this crazy world we live in. We are very proud of each of them, but with all this said I wonder sometimes if they remember take a few minutes out of the day and think of us, meaning "the parents". I get this way when I don't see one of them or talk to one of them for a while, you know how life is, busy busy and one day turns into the next. Then I get little signs that they do think about us and it sure makes my day. Here are some examples that have happen here lately:


We were invited to see his new apartment, and we did :)



Wants to participate in the Walk For Memory with me and we had a great time :)



I get a text message each morning with how many days it is till my birthday, I think she is trying to remind I am getting another year older :)



Remembers to send me their new address before they move :)




Then I get my very 1st blog follower,I have been waiting for someone to sign in, I am so excited it was you, you know who you are and I thank you :)




It is the little stuff like that sure makes a Mom's Day. If you are a Mom of older Kids you know exactly what I am talking about. So I am going to end here and go call My Mom just to say Hello! Have a great weekend, I am going to.



Mom

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Yep-a-roonie!!! Know exactly what you are talking about. With number one away at school and nary a text or phone call, we wonder if we have been forgotten. Then we realize he is having a great time making new friends and getting involved on campus and know we'll hear from him again...sometime....when he needs food, laundry done, or money.....we'll take what we can get!!! LOL!!

Amanda said...

Oh Betty, I think about you guys all the time! In fact I just got done with your birthday present. :) It must be weird having adult children though, and not wanting to bug them but still wanting to check up on them. I'm sure I'll find out in good time.

bunbun said...

Very sweet post, Betty. I have never seen the pic of Grandma Marie next to that photo in our old living room. I love it!
I am very happy and lucky that you are my mother in law. I wish that we lived closer to each other so we could hang out more together, I really enjoy the little time we do get together.
My internet connection was down since we moved in, but a tech came out this evening and finally fixed, after casey had send the last nine evenings on the phone with the company! But I felt disconnected from you and Amanda! I had my phone, but it is kinda weird to navigate blogs with.
Anyways, I am glad to be connected again and be in better touch with you
Cant wait to see you guys soon! Yay!