Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Decorations from the past!

I am pleased to say, our home is almost 75% decorated for the holidays. What I appreciate about this is my Family lets me decorate over a period of days so I don't get to overwhelmed with the whole thing. We also leave up our decorations until after New Years so we are able to enjoy all of them. I really don't have a "theme" throughout my house well I guess you could call it "original Christmas theme" you know what I mean; Santa's, Reindeer, Snowmen,Angels, and Nativity Scenes, you get the picture right?


The shadow box below is from the 1980's the figures inside the box are maybe 1/4" tall, so I was having a hard time keeping my hand still. (I put on my Christmas list a small tri-pod I wonder if I will get one:) The box is made out of cardboard and the indents are pressed on during the molding of the frame on the back wall is wall paper material, very cool box.



up close photo

The Nativity Scene below is painted by my Sister, she completed this set in the late 70's for our Mom for Christmas. When Mom started going to Arizona for the winters I asked her if I could display it during the holidays. I just loved the whole set I would just sit and stare at the eyes on the people she painted them so well they even have little eye lashes. I have to apologize I have done something to my camera so closeups are blurry when I have a chance I need to sit down with the manual and figure this out until then please bear with me.

You can sort of see their eyes in this photo this is one three Shepard's, look at the little lamb sleeping :)




Of course Mary, she is so pretty!


One of the three Wise Men.

This is another shadow box I got in the early 80's, it is made out of wood and the figures are about 1/2" tall. See Santa's sleigh on top of the tiled (wooden) roof. Here is the living room Christmas Scene.
And of course Santa and Mrs Clause relaxing after a hard day in their room. Why its in this house only the designer would know.



Merry Christmas to all the "blog readers"!