Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Tree



Here it is our Christmas Tree!



Glenn "sawing" it down.
Heading to the car.






Today we took a little road trip up to the McKenzie Pass looking for a Christmas Tree. Glenn and I feel very lucky that we live in an area where we can drive 40 minutes and be in the forest with all kinds of trees to pick from. Now you can't be the type of person who needs that "perfect Christmas tree" because that is really hard to find in the "wild". So let me present the 2008 Family Christmas Tree:


All decorated and ready to bring in good cheer!




I believe in the "ELF'S" that watch over the tree and they also let Santa know who has been naughty and who has been good. I have 4 Elf''s they have been with me ever since I can remember it seems like my Mom got them when I was around 4 years old so that would make these elf's about ...Well at least over 40.


This little guy is the ELF that watches over the lights, his job is to make sure the lights are bright and working properly.

Here he is with the lights in the house off. I don't know his name so I just call him HE so I guess you could say his name is HE. HE holds the main light as you see below and then he has 3 extra lights bulbs behind him, you can sort of see one in the photo below.

Christmas is a very magic time in our home, we have lots of Christmas decorations from when we were kids or when our kids were kids, these decorations all seem to have a story or a purpose for the Christmas time. As I decorate throughout the house I will be happy to share them with you.


Happy Holidays, Betty



3 comments:

Hazelrah said...

Christmas Elves are lovely! I've always wanted to up into the wilderness to get a Christmas tree. I keep telling Andrew we need more Christmas spirit in the house, meaning I need more decorations. I love this time of year as well.

bunbun said...

Lovely elves! That is so cool that you have had them since you were a child!
I really like how you call that one elf "he" ! Very cute

Unknown said...

That's really pretty! Nice tree, Betty. :)
-Amanda