Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas List

Just like everyone else this year Glenn and I decided to put ourselves on a very tight holiday budget. So after a few discussions on this topic we finally reached an agreement that worked for us.

So I am very proud to say I am almost done with the shopping, cooking, and sewing. My goal is to have the packages that need to be mailed gone by 12/12 next Friday. I think I am going to make that deadline.

I also am very proud to say we purchased locally meaning in the town we live in. That in it's self is a great accomplishment. I was talking to a local merchant, she asked me if I was buying for myself and I explained how we were handling Christmas this year. After our conversation she asked me if she could talk about this to her customers and family. I then showed her what I wanted from her store just in case Glenn was to shop there. (Hint, the cooking store in Redmond she is already to show you if you decided to go in there).

Now I do have to say there was some items that I couldn't get locally so I shopped on the Internet for those items. That's OK!

So to make a long story short we stayed in our budget, chose locally, used homemade items, and kept the creativity alive. I think all involved will be pleased, I know I am.

Happy pre-Holidays!Photo's taken from Retro Christmas Cards 1950.


2 comments:

Randy Charles Morin said...

put it on HelloSanta.org

Hazelrah said...

Thank you! I've been using Andrew as my test dummy and he's given me the confidence to do something about it. So on my free time I think and I write. I just bought The Host today! Have you finished the Twilight series already?