Thursday, December 18, 2008

Redmond High School Holiday Choir Concert


When Monica told me she wanted to be in choir, my 1st thought was "well there is something that none of the other kids have done". Then she brought home her choir dress, again I was pleasantly pleased. The night of the concert, I walked in the door from work and saw Monica she looked just like a Christmas Angel. As we drove to the concert Monica seemed nervous and confident all at the same time.



After we arrived and took our seats I was looking over the program and 2 paragraphs caught my eye, they stated;

It seems people are divided as to whether to celebrate "Christmas" or the Holidays. " For us, we offer you and evening of uplifting, entertaining, richly beautiful music. We hope you'll have a few minutes of peace tonight, and just some stillness in the beauty of this season of love.

Whatever your preference towards Christmas or Holiday greetings, we wish you all the best for the happiest we can be in these trying times. As the British would say, " Happy Christmas!"

Then the concert began. We were able to enjoy songs sung to us like, Little Babe, A-Lynin' in a Manger, Mary, did you know?, Baby, Its Cold Outside, Ring out the Bells, Solitary Snowflake, Hodie, Christus natus est (Today Christ is Born) and many more beautiful songs.


In my opinion The High School Choir did a great job in bringing everyone together for at least that 1 hour of wonderful singing just like they said they would in the program brochure.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I thought that concert was so fun and cute, I loved it! I hope she stays in choir so we can keep going to those. :) I can't wait until Luce does little plays at school.

bunbun said...

What a great choir gown! I have never seen one like it!
Monica looks adorable in it. I looks like a wonderful night. I wish we were closer so we could go to events like this with you guys

Lisa said...

Monica looks beautiful!! Such a pretty girl and a beautiful dress.